Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Classroom Management Tip: Silent Signals

Back to school is upon us, and if you're anything like me you've already had the infamous dreams about the unruly class of 50 that has you pulling your hair out within 5 minutes of the first day. Stress not, teacher friends! Here's a quick management tip to help keep you sane and to keep interruptions like "Miss, can I use the bathroom?" to a minimum.

Many of us use silent signals in our classrooms to alleviate questions like that in the middle of a lesson, sometimes even mid sentence when we're giving directions *sigh*. This year I'll be incorporating ASL into my silent signals for my classroom and made a freebie for you to use as well! I'll be teaching these signals starting day one!





Get the printable here for your classroom! 

Hope your first day is wonderful! Happy teaching!




2 comments: