So, here goes nothing!
1. My hometown is the birthplace of Pepsi! We celebrated the 100th anniversary with a small town parade.
2. I'm not really afraid of most things, but there is something about clowns that terrifies me! Maybe a bad childhood experience at the circus? Or perhaps that darn Stephen King movie!
3. Being the youngest sibling I've always looked up to my 2 brothers. They are both amazing dads and I am so proud of them for having the courage that I did not to serve our country.
4. I'm an aunt to 5 nephews and 3 nieces, none of whom call me Aunt! They are so close to my age, that it seemed a little strange to call me Aunt Lindsay when they were growing up, so it never took.
5. My first memory is standing in front of our glass front door during a summer rain storm and singing "Rain, Rain, Go Away". I'm pretty sure I made up some of my own lyrics as I went along. ;)
6. I danced ballet for several years, and most days regret that I did not continue it after high school. I still have my final solo memorized and can tour jete with the best of them.
7. I own a sewing machine and can't sew. My mother made most of clothes when I was a girl, even matching outfits for My Kid Sister and Cabbage Patch dolls. I find patterns, fabrics, buttons, and embellishments beautiful, but have absolutely NO talent in the crafting department. I've always longed to be able to create works of art the way mom did on her machine. But, it's simply beyond me how to even begin.
*whew!* Now, on to my favorite blogs of the moment to pass on The Versatile Blogger Award! (I realize these may not all be new blogs as the award calls for, but they're new to me!)
1. My friend who is like Super Mom, Multiple McLambs. I love keeping up with her escapades of raising a 3 year old and triplets!
2. Another friend from home, MCP.
4. My Science Lessons - Great info for Interactive Science Notebooks, as well as great freebies!
6. Teaching My Friends - love her ideas for Reader's Workshop
12. Runde's Room