Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

Interactive Science Notebooks



My absolute favorite part of teaching 5th graders? Teaching science! It's a well-known fact that in a title-One school, there isn't much time in most grade levels for really getting into the science curriculum until after the state tests. And that only leaves about a month's time for teaching science!







I use interactive science notebooks (ISN) in my class.
My students record everything in their ISNs! Each unit we study has it's own section, complete with title page. We record notes, experiment data and key vocabulary. Brainpop graphic organizers and any other hand-outs are shrunk down to about 85% and glued into our journals as well.

I'll be posting some pictures of our notebooks soon! As well as a few printables that we're using in our current unit- Matter!



2 comments:

  1. I would love to see some photos. I'm always looking for ways to improve my science journals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to take a peak inside! My kiddos love their Science Journal!

    I just found your blog and am your newest follower! I am loving it!

    I would love for you to visit me if you get the chance! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete